No pain. The world is a wonderful whisper for those who can listen, if necessary in silence.

20060127

This night has opened my eyes

In a river the color of lead Immerse the baby's headWrap her up in the news of the world Dump her on a doorstep, GirlThis night has opened my eyes And I will never sleep again You kicked and cried like a bullied child A grown man of 25, Oh, he said he'd cure your ills But he didn't and he never will Oh, save your life Because you've only got one The dream has gone but the baby is real Oh, you did a good thing She could have been a poet or she could have been a fool Oh, you did a bad thing And I'm not happy and I'm not sad A shoeless child on a swing Reminds you of your own again She took away your troubles Oh, but then again she left pain Oh, please save your life Because you've only got one The dream has gone but the baby is real Oh, you did a good thing She could have been a poet or she could have been a fool Oh, you did a bad thing And I'm not happy and I'm not sad

Nessun commento: